If you are thinking of getting married in Dorchester then look no further. Dorchester Corn Exchange is one of Dorchester’s most historic buildings dating back to the mid nineteenth century and you can have exclusive use of the whole venue for your wedding. There are three rooms of differing sizes available for your wedding ceremony with the largest being able to comfortably accommodate up to 270 guests.
Exclusive use of the building enables you to hold your wedding ceremony and your wedding reception all under one roof. Exclusive use of the Corn Exchange includes a licensed bar with staff, a Town Hall Keeper to make sure everything is as you want it, a fully equipped kitchen for your caterers, stage lighting, Pa system, staging, tables, chairs, flower pedestals and use of the car park which holds up to thirty vehicles.
Full 360 tour, see the stunning double vaulted ceiling in the Town Hall, zoom in to check out the smallest detail or zoom out to take in a whole room.
Take a Virtual Tour
Suitable for intimate or grand weddings and receptions the Corn Exchange is a truly fantastic venue, steeped in history but with modern facilities you can be sure of a memorable day.
For an amazing price of £1,000 you can have exclusive use of the whole building for the whole of your wedding day – these exclusive all day packages are limited in number so early booking is advised.
The Corn Exchange is not just for weddings and receptions, it is a great venue for pretty much any occasion, birthday parties, cooking demonstrations, conferences, cinema, dance and music and more. Room hire starts at just £20 per hour.
The Corn Exchange is also the regular home to Dorchester Arts, LeRoc and Latin Jam dance classes, Bridge Club and lessons, Taekwondo classes, Country Market, Fizzy Boppers, Historic Dance classes – take a look at the events page to see what’s on.
Keep Up to Date with Facebook and Events
10:00 - 11:00
Each session combines catchy action songs with props and instruments and a themed dance section which changes every 10 weeks. So far we have covered Salsa, Country and Western, The Swinging 60's, Round The World Parts I, 2 and 3 , Hits of the 70's, the Awesome 80's, Life on the Ocean Waves and Mad for 90's. The current theme is Up, Up and Away. We will be blasting off to the moon and exploring outer space with exciting new props like flashing tambourines... and we just couldn't resist buying a smoke machine! Don't miss it!
10:15 - 12:00
Connect - Check with DA for dates
Connect meets every Thursday morning at Dorchester Arts at the Corn Exchange between 10.15 and 12.00 for those who are interested in learning new skills and drama techniques whilst improving self-confidence.
The workshops are perfect for those with little or no drama experience who are keen to meet new people from all backgrounds in a friendly, inclusive, fun environment and would like to try something a little different. Connect has been successfully running for almost a year, culminating in an improvised performance of ‘Mary’s Story’ at Dorchester Arts (image above)
Do come along to our free workshops to see what we get up to!
- Being a relative newcomer to Dorchester, Connect has been a wonderful way to get to know a multifarious group of people as we flourish in our enjoyment and participation in drama activities…The sense of belonging and community that I experience as a member is second to none and feel truly incorporated into the Dorchester Arts scene.
- I like it – its fun and I enjoy other people’s company more. My confidence has improved and I have learnt a lot about drama.
- It has given me a positive outlook and I use the drama practices to help me cope with everyday stress.
- Since joining Connect I feel I have connected with like minded people who come from different walks of life and ages. The youngest is 19 and the eldest 60. I feel I belong… and feel more positive and confident. I am allowed to be myself which allows me to relax and bring forward drama skills that I never knew I had.
- I have found a niche in the performing arts and may it grow and grow…I developed like a seed that flourishes through Connect.
- Connect literally completed my happiness with my life
- Thanks to Connect I am no longer afraid to step outside my comfort zone. I have learnt invaluable things and I am now more confident as a result