Starts in 6 Days, 16 Hours
October 24, 2019 10:15 am - 12:00 pm
Connect – Check with DA for dates
Connect meets every Thursday morning at Dorchester Arts at the Corn Exchange between 10.15 and 12.00 for those who are interested in learning new skills and drama techniques whilst improving self-confidence.
The workshops are perfect for those with little or no drama experience who are keen to meet new people from all backgrounds in a friendly, inclusive, fun environment and would like to try something a little different. Connect has been successfully running for almost a year, culminating in an improvised performance of ‘Mary’s Story’ at Dorchester Arts (image above)
Do come along to our free workshops to see what we get up to!
- Being a relative newcomer to Dorchester, Connect has been a wonderful way to get to know a multifarious group of people as we flourish in our enjoyment and participation in drama activities…The sense of belonging and community that I experience as a member is second to none and feel truly incorporated into the Dorchester Arts scene.
- I like it – its fun and I enjoy other people’s company more. My confidence has improved and I have learnt a lot about drama.
- It has given me a positive outlook and I use the drama practices to help me cope with everyday stress.
- Since joining Connect I feel I have connected with like minded people who come from different walks of life and ages. The youngest is 19 and the eldest 60. I feel I belong… and feel more positive and confident. I am allowed to be myself which allows me to relax and bring forward drama skills that I never knew I had.
- I have found a niche in the performing arts and may it grow and grow…I developed like a seed that flourishes through Connect.
- Connect literally completed my happiness with my life
- Thanks to Connect I am no longer afraid to step outside my comfort zone. I have learnt invaluable things and I am now more confident as a result